Wednesday, January 19, 2011

When Mice Attack!

Dell Two Button Scroll USB Ball Mouse X7636 YH933
Dell Mouse
My computer mouse has recently been on the fritz and I cannot begin to tell you how frustrating it has been.  Since most everything we do revolves around computers, being able to navigate with the mouse is very important. 

For the last week or so I kept forgetting to replace the mouse for my home computer.  But I still needed to complete homework, write this very entertaining blog and download I-tunes songs.  So when my mouse wouldn't move in the direction I wanted it to, I almost lost my mind.

The little roller ball in the bottom of the mouse would become stuck in certain places, it would move left and right, but not up and down.  And then stop right underneath the place where I needed to click.  I resorted in some instances to using the keyboard when I could and even held the mouse in my hand and moved the roller ball with my other hand.  I would pick the mouse up, place it back down, swirl it around the desk, all to just get it to this one elusive spot on the screen! I cleaned the mouse, begged and pleaded with the mouse, told it nice things and still nothing.

Please believe me when I say that I love all furry creatures and would never condone harming one, but we all have our limits. My brain was stuck in a mousetrap and I couldn't escape. ARGGGGG!!

Finally I took a couple of deep breaths, counted to ten, and got a new mouse.  Now all is well. Me and the mouse have made up, and we are friends again.  Morale of the story; never put off till tomorrow what you can do today, or you might find yourself in a straight jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment